No Comments
Dear Neighbors
 
Sometimes even when taking the best of precautions (which we don’t always do) emergencies and accidents happen.  Please call 911 for police/fire/medical emergencies.  If an ambulance ride is needed, there is no additional charge for the ride beyond what insurance covers and the ride is free if you have no insurance.  Sometimes medical assistance without a trip to the emergency room is needed, and our CCFMD EMTs are very helpful.
For formerly live tree disposal, please remove any decorations.  Then leave the tree at the designated area near the Montezuma Rimrock Fire Station.  The Beaver Creek Kiwanis use the trees to assist the Red Rock Ranger District in a local erosion prevention project.
Still enjoying the holidays,
. . . . the calendar crew
House Fire in Rimrock
On December 28  at approximately 11:43 pm Copper Canyon Fire & Medical District was dispatched to a reported house fully involved with fire at 4935 Pusher St. in Rimrock. (street is located on the Yavapai Apache property near the Apache Kid Smoke Shop)  Upon arrival crews found a single family home fully involved with fire. The fire was attacked with two hand lines and the main part of the fire was extinguished. Crews then worked on extinguishing fire extension throughout the residence. There was one person transported to a hospital for smoke inhalation, and there were no injuries to fire personnel. In all there were 3 engine companies, 2 water tenders, a battalion chief, ambulance and support truck, the units were from Copper Canyon Fire and Verde Valley Fire. Yavapai Apache Police and YCSO were also on scene. The cause of the fire is believed to be from a Christmas tree.
 
Steve Sarkesian
Copper Canyon Fire & Medical
Battalion Chief
House Fire in Camp Verde
On December 29,  2018 at approximately 1:33 pm Copper Canyon Fire and Medical District was dispatched to a report of a roof on fire at 3250 Robin Ln. in Camp Verde. Upon arrival crews encountered a single family residence with smoke coming from one corner of the roof. Entry was made to the residence and the fire was quickly extinguished. The fire had spread in the small attic space and the extension of the fire was also extinguished. Crews from Copper Canyon Fire were on the scene while a crew from Verde  Valley Fire District was utilized to run any potential calls in the area. The cause of the fire is believed to be from a hot stove pipe and it was determined that there was  a possibility that the fire had been smoldering in the attic for some time before it was discovered. A family of 6 was displaced due to the residence not being livable so the American Red Cross was called to assist the family with any need.
Steve Sarkesian
Copper Canyon Fire & Medical
Battalion Chief
Join Our Mailing List!

Leave a Reply