Close

L.M.P.O.A. Meeting Minutes

Lake Montezuma

Board Meeting

April 4, 2011, 5:00 p.m., BCAC

Minutes

 

 

Attending:  Janet Aniol, Maggie Holt, Karin Krippene, Virginia Bartling.
Absent:  Marie Kraetz, Dick Hulse
Committee chairs attending:  Bill Merkley, Tom Saunders

 

Janet called the Meeting to order at 5:03 pm with Maggie recording.

 

Information Items were discussed.

 

Ranch House - Janet reported that Kathy Chambers and her partner Shayne Watts are looking at the Ranch House Restaurant, but it's not known if they're looking to buy or lease--or nothing.  It's rumored to be in escrow and also rumored to be only the restaurant.

 

It was duly moved, seconded, and approved to accept the March minutes as distributed.

 

Maggie reported that there are 123 paid members; $2540 in voluntary "beautification" funds have been received from members; the CD is valued at $11,554.69; savings account is at $5472.06; balance on hand in general account is $1570.48; and water charges were discussed.

 

Committee Reports:

 

Transportation - report printed.

 

Rollins Park - Bill reported that lumber is in the handicapped parking space on the south side.

 

BCRC - Janet reported that a new format is being tried that will hopefully keep the meeting to 1 hour.  Two speakers (regarding economic development and water) are scheduled for April 6.

 

Golf - nothing to report.

 

P&Z - Tom reported that the P&Z Commission is in favor of rezoning the Beaver Hollow property to M1 but only with a plan included.  Lee mentioned a woodcutting business next to the house on Lakeshore next to the house where the carport was enclosed that is not to code.

 

Trails - Chip Davis has requested that the engineers look into the pedestrian bridge project.

 

Beaver Buggy - Since Jan 3: 180 trip equivalencies and 4820 miles.

 

Website - Deb Krause is new webmaster but not in attendance.

 

Old Business:

 

Bill reported that 5-7 tons of gravel is needed.  It was duly moved, seconded, and approved to purchase the gravel from Bedrock.

 

Virginia thanked everyone for signing the petitions for the bridge--565 signatures were received (40 sheets) and said the lists had been sent to the governor as well as Steve Pierce, Karen Fann, and Andy Tobin.  The only response was from Steve Pierce in an email to Chip Davis.  This was forwarded to Janet, who wrote a great response to Pierce.  Virginia read excerpts from the email and said Pierce will be thanked in writing.  YavCo is getting bids for bearings, and guardrails have been extended.

 

Kudos to the Bartlings for their "Beaver Buggy Bathing Business"!

 

Update on NB│AZ--400 signatures were received and are being sent to the CEO's Admin. Asst.  Their board will meet the end of this month.  The ATM will be removed along with the bank closing.

 

New Business:

 

The Yavapai County Comprehensive Plan will be updated, and the County is looking for people to serve on the update committee for 12 months.

 

Lake Montezuma Map Project - Ron Melcher got a copy of the map at NB│AZ and another map from Frank Green.  The older map shows only a few houses, and the golf course is different from today.  The newer map from December 2010 shows lot boundaries.  It was duly moved, seconded and approved to charge $10 per set of 2 for the smaller maps.  Lee will act as contact for map sales.

 

LMPOA's annual donation for bus transportation to the CV pool has been administered by Southwest Institute (Bob and Elizabeth MacDonald) and has amounted to $200-300 per year.  The bus also transports kids for academics, etc.  It was duly moved, seconded, and approved to donate $250 in the event the bus runs this year.

 

Action Items from P&Z - A complaint form is available.  It was brought up again that a property on Lakeshore has a carport-turned-garage that is goo close to the street.  It was duly moved, seconded, and approved that Tom will prepare and file a complaint on behalf of LMPOA.

 

It was moved, seconded, and approved that because of holidays the July meeting be held on the 11th and the September meeting on the 12th.

 

Karin reported that this year's July 4 parade will begin at Rollins Park and end at Sycamore Park.

 

Janet asked that everyone be mindful of construction on the Cornville Road, at the Munds Park TI, and the 169 TI.

 

Kudos to Janet and Jeannette for the eCalendar and eNews.

 

There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 6 pm.

 

Margaret A. Holt, Secretary

 
 
© 1967-2012 L.M.P.O.A./ www.lakemontezuma.us All rights reserved.