January, 2009 Transportation Report
And Bice Rd Tunnel Study Session Report
The public transportation committee is waiting to receive an application for the 5310 grant in order to continue to the process of possible application for a van. The official applicant would be the BC
This study will replace the 1999 Verde Valley Transportation Plan and projects needs through 2015 and 2030.
Sedona: Jan. 15, 5:30 – 7:30 PM, City Council,
All of the 1999
This may be our last chance to comment. Please attend or contact Phil Bourdon at 928-771-3183 or email@example.com.
Stimulus Infrastructure Package from US Government
As continued from the December report, the transportation committee strongly recommends that a list of requests from this region be sent to federal and state representatives and our Yavapai County District III Supervisor.
Bice Rd Tunnel Study Session Report
Tunnel: 14’ wide, 16’ high, 100+’ length, traffic volume (daily) estimate for 2015 is 1,495.
DTL: The study session was held Tuesday, December 2, at 1 PM in the Montezuma-Rimrock Fire Station.
Present: Dallas Hammit, Prescott Division ADOT engineer, Kala Pearson, BCRC President, Sharon Brooks, LMPOA President, Chief Michael Van Dyke, M-R Fire District, Ed and Carol Seiler and Patty Neizel, Bice Rd area residents, and Janet Aniol, transportation committee chair.
1. Solar lighting to be installed near both entrances to provide night time lighting with the approval of ADOT.
2. BCRC to request Yavapai County to apply for a PARA (Planning Assistance for Rural Areas) for the Beaver Creek area to include the study of the possible benefits and feasibility of the Billy Dabbs tunnel bypass (under the Dry Beaver Creek Bridge near McGuireville and a low-water crossing in the vicinity of Kimberly’s Way as a potential secondary access to the Bice Rd area
3. Bice Rd area residents to obtain a permit from ADOT to use the tunnel as a legal access
4. Bice Rd area residents to form an area association
Mr. Hammit (ADOT) has offered Yavapai County the 8,000 cubic yards of milling in 2010 from the ADOT McGuireville TI safety project. He suggests that they might be used for Bice Rd improvements. There may be further millings available from the Flagstaff Rest stop project.
1. Bice Rd participants (Patty Neitzel and Ed and Carol Seiler) will request Yavapai County to get a permit from ADOT for legal access to their properties through this tunnel. (Mr. Hamitt checked and found that this had not been done previously.)
2. Kala Pearson, BCRC, to seek Dept of Energy project grant (partnering with ADOT) for the solar lighting (or similar small grant). She will request letters of support from the fire and school districts by the second week in January. (This project does not meet the requirements of the SAFETEA-LU grant)
3. Transportation committee to send written request to Phil Bourdon, YC Public Works, to contact Dallas Hammit, Prescott ADOT, to accept the 2010 millings and receive them on an environmentally cleared site. This does not need an IGA.
Requested action from BCRC:
Formally request Yavapai County to submit a PARA proposal for a Beaver Creek area transportation planning study in early 2009.
Follow-up: Via phone and email in late January to see where we are with the assignments.
|© 1967-2010 L.M.P.O.A. www.lakemontezuma.us All rights reserved.|